Strengthen your faith by joining us on one of our upcoming pilgrimages, led by members of the St John Vianney Theological Seminary Lay Division faculty.
Pilgrimages & Mission Trips
SEPTEMBER 18 – 28, 2020: “The Vine & the Cloister: A Pilgrimage to Burgundy, Provence and the French Riviera,”
with Dr. Jared Staudt of the Archdiocese of Denver
Journey off the beaten path to medieval France to experience one of Christendom’s greatest centers of art and culture. Visit the heart of wine country in the regions of Burgundy, Provence, the Riviera, and Occitanie. The group will discover an amazing combination of medieval art and architecture, three historic Catholic vineyards, beautiful scenery, and the best cuisine in the world—all with the faith at the center. Some highlights include the breathtaking beauty of Burgundy’s Romanesque churches, the papal palace at Avignon, a boat ride to a monastery off the coast of the Riviera, the best preserved medieval city—Carcassonne, and relics of saints Anne (Our Lady’s mother), Mary Magdalene, Lazarus, and St. Thomas Aquinas. The trip will provide a holistic experience of Catholic history and culture and an opportunity for spiritual transformation in the footsteps of saints and monks.
- For flyer, click HERE.
- Click HERE for more information and/or to register.
- Join us for an upcoming Info Meeting/Wine Tasting to learn about this pilgrimage:
- Two Dates: February 25 @ 8:00pm (Bonfils Hall) or March 12 @ 6:30pm (Room 125)
- Location: Archdiocese of Denver, (1300 S Steele St, Denver 80210)
- Cost: No cost to attend the talk, but cost for the Wine & Cheese is $10.
- Please RSVP to: email@example.com
Don’t wait to sign up for this trip!! SPACE IS LIMITED.
HERE ARE SOME RECENT TRIPS WITH THE SJV SEMINARY LAY DIVISION:
September 2019 Pilgrimage: “The Beauty of Faith: A Pilgrimage to Ireland” with Dr. Jared Staudt and Fr. Brad Noonan, pastor of St Francis of Assisi in Castle Rock
- This pilgrimage journeyed through Ireland’s natural beauty, monastic history, and legacy of saints, providing an integrated and transformative experience of Catholic culture and an opportunity for spiritual renewal.
- Sites visited included the apparition of Our Lady at Knock, the Cliffs of Moher, Croagh Patrick and the soon-to-be (Saint) Cardinal John Henry Newman’s church in Dublin.
June 2018 Mission Trip to Peru with Chris Lanciotti of Creatio and the Catechetical School, Fr. Jason Wallace of St John Vianney Theological Seminary, and CBS full-time instructor, Sandy Wanzek. Activities included:
- Serving the poor in Pamplona Alta, a shantytown outside of Lima, by assisting residents in building a retaining wall, which will allow water trucks to deliver fresh drinking water.
- Visiting residents of the community, and distributing rosaries and praying with them.
- Touring holy sites in Lima (St Rose of Lima, St Martin de Porres, St John Macias, and Benedictine and Dominican Monasteries) and also exploring Machu Picchu.
October 2018 Pilgrimage: “Saints, Monks & Beer” through Belgium and northern France with Dr. Jared Staudt and Fr. John Riley of the Augustine Institute.
- This pilgrimage travelled Belgium and northern France, visited magnificent Gothic cathedrals, ancient monasteries, and enjoyed art, food and beer, and most importantly the shrines of saints. Pilgrims visited the relics of St.Louis, King of France; St. Catherine Laboure; St. Vincent DePaul; St. Therese of Lisieux and her parents, Ss.Louis and Zelie Matin; Ven. Prosper Gueranger and Blsd. Columba Marmion.