Strengthen your faith by joining us on one of our upcoming pilgrimages, led by members of the St John Vianney Theological Seminary Lay Division faculty.
Pilgrimages & Mission Trips
SEPTEMBER 17-27, 2021:
The Vine & the Cloister: A Pilgrimage to Burgundy, Provence and the French Riviera
with Dr. Jared Staudt, Director of Formation for the Archdiocese of Denver
*Please note that due to COVID travel restrictions, we unfortunately had to cancel the September 2021 trip. Please reach out to Jared Staudt (303.282.3303 / firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions regarding that trip.
Journey off the beaten path to medieval France to experience one of Christendom’s greatest centers of art and culture. Visit the heart of wine country in the regions of Burgundy, Provence, the Riviera, and Occitanie. The group will discover an amazing combination of medieval art and architecture, three historic Catholic vineyards, beautiful scenery, and the best cuisine in the world—all with the faith at the center. Some highlights include the breathtaking beauty of Burgundy’s Romanesque churches, the papal palace at Avignon, a boat ride to a monastery off the coast of the Riviera, the best preserved medieval city—Carcassonne, and relics of saints Anne (Our Lady’s mother), Mary Magdalene, Lazarus, and St. Thomas Aquinas. The trip will provide a holistic experience of Catholic history and culture and an opportunity for spiritual transformation in the footsteps of saints and monks.
Possible Info Meetings to learn about this pilgrimage TBD.
Don’t wait to sign up for this trip!! SPACE IS LIMITED.
It’s been a joy to teach a new Enrichment Course this year on Catholic culture and art history. I can’t wait to visit some of the course’s amazing art in person, coupled with the beautiful French countryside, time for prayer, visits to the tombs of saints, and an experience of three historic Catholic vineyards.
— Dr. Jared Staudt
Recent trips with the SJV Lay Division
September 2019 Pilgrimage
The Beauty of Faith: A Pilgrimage to Ireland
with Dr. Jared Staudt and Fr. Brad Noonan, pastor of St Francis of Assisi in Castle Rock
- This pilgrimage journeyed through Ireland’s natural beauty, monastic history, and legacy of saints, providing an integrated and transformative experience of Catholic culture and an opportunity for spiritual renewal.
- Sites visited included the apparition of Our Lady at Knock, the Cliffs of Moher, Croagh Patrick and the soon-to-be (Saint) Cardinal John Henry Newman’s church in Dublin.
June 2018 Mission Trip to Peru
with Chris Lanciotti of Creatio and the Catechetical School, Fr. Jason Wallace of St John Vianney Theological Seminary, and CBS full-time instructor, Sandy Wanzek. Activities included:
- Serving the poor in Pamplona Alta, a shantytown outside of Lima, by assisting residents in building a retaining wall, which will allow water trucks to deliver fresh drinking water.
- Visiting residents of the community, and distributing rosaries and praying with them.
- Touring holy sites in Lima (St Rose of Lima, St Martin de Porres, St John Macias, and Benedictine and Dominican Monasteries) and also exploring Machu Picchu.
October 2018 Pilgrimage
“Saints, Monks & Beer” through Belgium and northern France
with Dr. Jared Staudt and Fr. John Riley of the Augustine Institute.
- This pilgrimage travelled Belgium and northern France, visited magnificent Gothic cathedrals, ancient monasteries, and enjoyed art, food and beer, and most importantly the shrines of saints. Pilgrims visited the relics of St.Louis, King of France; St. Catherine Laboure; St. Vincent DePaul; St. Therese of Lisieux and her parents, Ss.Louis and Zelie Matin; Ven. Prosper Gueranger and Blsd. Columba Marmion.